Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Starla Halfmann

I was pinteresting around the other day, when I came across an illustration that took my breath away.

And I'm not saying that lightly.

The painting is called A Copious Season.



It was created by Starla Halfmann, a well-known artist residing in Austin, Texas.

I was drawn to not only the beauty of the peacock and the avalanche of visually delicious colors, but the idea of what it represents (to me). It struck me that no matter how small we are, or how insignificant we feel, we're always showering people with more than we think. Each one of us has an overwhelming aura of love and friendship and kindness to those who love us, even if we don't realize it.

Does that make sense?

Of course, that is merely my interpretation of the painting. Art is beautiful in its way to have a different message to everyone.

I simply had to check out Starla's other paintings and I was not disappointed.

(My first reaction was that her work has a hint of Gustav Klimt, so I was very pleased upon my research to discover that the Austrian painter was indeed one of her influences.)













Stunning, aren't they? It would be a dream to decorate the walls of my apartment with at least ONE of these gorgeous creations.

If you love her work, you should check out her website.

What do you think?

30 comments:

Josie said...

These are STUNNING. SO bold and beautiful.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

The colors in these are beyond amazing. Love how there's so much f everything yet it looks just right and now overwhelming at all. The first painting is my favorite!

Lemanie said...

Wow these paintings are truly works of art. I completely understand what you mean when you say we don't realize how much we really do affect people. So true. I love the peacock one!! =)

love jenny xoxo said...

Gorgeous!!! I love these! Thanks for sharing!

XOXO

Sierra said...

I love this artist...her artwork is so deep and pensive! All of the colors are gorgeous too.

Chandana said...

Loved the 4th and 5th ones. The colors are simply amazing! This is inspiring me to paint a similar one!

♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

Andrés Corella said...

I love them all..they are so magical and the colors in it are amazing..thanks for sharing!

hugs
Andy
The Black Label

Anonymous said...

gorgeous.

Sarah said...

What beautiful images. Hope you're well my lovely :)
x

Tights Lover said...

Wow, these definitely are stunning. As I was looking at them I was also thinking, I'd love one of these for a wall in my house!

Swarnali said...

Those paintings are gorgeous...I loved each and everyone of them.

Couture Carrie said...

Beautiful work!
Especially loving the second to last one!

xoxox,
CC

btd. said...

These truly are amazing. I definitely love the fourth one with the yellow at the bottom.

StarlaShell said...

Thank you so much you hit the nail on the head! Your interpretation was humbling.

Starla

StarlaShell said...

btw I never use this account.

Meri said...

That is so cool- I think that both you, me, and the artist all have a very similar aesthetic! Thanks for posting these, I'm off to pinterest now haha!

Anonymous said...

stupendous!!! i really like the peacock one...soo inspiring!
http://holaafashion.blogspot.com/

Chyrel Gomez said...

Yes, you do make sense like all the time! And she's got some good stuff.

The Blonde Duck said...

I love her work. And she's right up the road!

Cafe Fashionista said...

The second to last piece is my absolute favorite - oh, how I love it! It makes me think of Candy Land! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those are welcome to hang on my wall any day! What a talent!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

These paintings are gorgeous! I think your interpretation is right on point. I love it! :)
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Movies on my Mind said...

Is "pinteresting" a verb?

Damsels said...

gorgeous ! and im not surprised to see we have such similar taste!

Chicago Chic said...

These truly are stunning! I love the vibrancy... so brilliant and what amazing talent.

xo
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Wow that is an incredibly beautiful piece of art. I love the colours

Bhav x

StylishByNature said...

Gr8 work :)....Wanna follow each other with GFC, Twitter and Facebook ?

♡ StylishByNature.com

Imogen said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love them all but the first painting is particularly stunning. I think it is the most beautiful and best painting I have ever seen. I adore your interpretation of it. That's so sweet and I can totally see what you mean.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

Jade Lady said...

Her work is simply gorgeous!